VZDump hangs

GattoDispettoso

Renowned Member
Sep 19, 2013
Hi,
on a new N54L i have instaled v. 3.2-54885216-5 from cd and then updated to the latest version (12/06/2014 or 13/06/2014)
Mounted a dir (cifs) pointing a server that contains backup data.
Restored an old backup (KVM VM). Trying to make a new backup of the restored vm the backup hunged. :(

Wiped out and installed v.3.0-0428106c-13 without updating it.
Restored the same VM. The backup worked fine serveral time and no problems. :D

I have the same problem on a production server with 3.1.21 93bf03d4; the problem appeared after an update, before it the backups where performed right.

I noted this: in the v3.0 the data transfer to the server hosting backup files starts immediately, with v3.1 and v3.2 data transfer don't start, the window initially shows the progress with new report lines then stops and remain freezed, LAN is inactive.

There is a way to solve this problem?

Thank you

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!