VZDUMP and MAILTO option

sbonneau

Dec 11, 2010
Hello,
I'm using backup method with vzdump wich works well , as option i use mailto for receiving messages of backup status.

How can we inform the mail sender field with the vzdump command ?

Thanks for reply...

It cause (see below) a error message in the received mail :

This is the mail system at host skyged2.localdomain. I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below. For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster. If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message. The mail system <support@archivage-services.fr>: host mx3.ovh.net[213.186.33.73] said: 552 sorry, your envelope sender domain must exist (#5.7.1) (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

Reporting-MTA: dns; skyged2.localdomain X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 4F96C1987FC X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; root@skyged2.localdomain Arrival-Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 04:15:17 +0200 (CEST) Final-Recipient: rfc822; support@archivage-services.fr Action: failed Status: 5.0.0 Remote-MTA: dns; mx3.ovh.net Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 552 sorry, your envelope sender domain must exist (#5.7.1)

Partie 1.2
Sujet:
vzdump backup status (skyged2.arex.fr) : backup successful
De :
vzdump backup tool <root@skyged2.localdomain>
Date :
04:15
Pour :
support@archivage-services.fr

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!