VXLAN Multitenant

do you want to map vxlan to specific vlan ?
if yes, you can do something like

Code:
auto vxlan1000
iface vxlan1000
    bridge-access 1000  (other other vlan)
actually i just want to add a vlan tag to the vm's interface in order to sperate the tenants/network from each other.
thx in advance

actually i just want to add a vlan tag to the vm's interface in order to sperate the tenants/network from each other.
thx in advance
ok, and do you want to send theses vlans through 1 vxlan tunnel ?
(if yes, i think it's possible to configure the vxlan interface as trunk).

But personally, the vxlan usage is more 1 vxlan per tenant without any vlan.

ok, and do you want to send theses vlans through 1 vxlan tunnel ?
(if yes, i think it's possible to configure the vxlan interface as trunk).

But personally, the vxlan usage is more 1 vxlan per tenant without any vlan.
Good Moring,

my idea was to put all tenants onto the same vmbr and the same vxlan and only do the seperation by a VLAN-tag at the ProxMox GUI.
Currently i'm not able to use this feature even if i set vlan_aware to yes at the vmbr device (Linux Bridge).
Currently i have a seperated vxlan with no vlan-tags running which agains leads to the problem that i have to setup
a extra vxlan and a extra vmbr device for ever tenant to make this work.

For the moment this is fine, but it would be pretty awesome if i could just add one vmbr and one vxlan and simply set a VLAN tag, done.

Have a fine day ;)

ok.

Technically, I known it's possible to dynamicaly map vlan to vxlan. (multiple vlan on vlan aware bridge, translate to multiple vxlan id)

cumulus linux has talked about this here:
https://netdevconf.info/2.2/slides/prabhu-linuxbridge-tutorial.pdf

I don't known if it's already possible to configure it to /etc/network/interfaces with ifupdown2
but, maybe with:

#enable tunnel mode
if-up bridge link set dev vxlan1000 vlan_tunnel on
#map vlanid 10 to vxlan id 10 (do it for each vlan)
if-up bridge vlan add dev vxlan1000 vid 10 tunnel_info id 10
if-up bridge fdb add 00:00:00:00:00:00 dev vxlan0 vni 10 dst x.x.x.x self permanent (x.x.x.x is your target unicast)

BTW, I'm still working on sdn and vxlan integration in proxmox, but It's still not yet finish. I'm hoping to finish it between proxmox 6.1 && 6.2.

Will there be any integration with Onos or Ryu?

Not yet, but they are a flexible plugin infrascructure, so it should be possible to integrate them.
currently, it's working 100% with bgp-evpn (where controller is frr, distributed locally on proxmox nodes).

For ovs, reloading support is coming to ifupdown2, so I think it should be possible to add external sdn controllers too.

do you use Onos or Ryu ? (I never use them)

Not yet, but they are a flexible plugin infrascructure, so it should be possible to integrate them.
currently, it's working 100% with bgp-evpn (where controller is frr, distributed locally on proxmox nodes).

For ovs, reloading support is coming to ifupdown2, so I think it should be possible to add external sdn controllers too.

do you use Onos or Ryu ? (I never use them)

Happy with ifupdown2.
It's in my plans, but I still don't use Ryu

Please talk more...
it's
https://faucet.nz/

ryu is more an sdk to build a controller,, faucet is build on it.
Seem great because it's distributed,so could be integrated on proxmox nodes directly.

Don't known what is your need with sdn, but the bgp-evpn works very fine, distributed controller, routing with anycast gateway, vrf management,...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!