VNC problems with beta 3

B

bcran

I just installed beta 3, hoping to use it with Windows Server guests. I created and started a VM, but the VNC console doesn't work:
no connection : Connection timed out
TASK ERROR: command '/bin/nc -l -p 5900 -w 10 -c /usr/sbin/qm vncproxy 101 2>/dev/null' failed: exit code 1

I don't have any firewalls enabled.

I also tried it on Opera and got the following error:
Error Parameter verification failed. (400)
POSTDATA: property is not defined in schema and the schema does not allow additional properties

Then, when trying to shut down the VM, I got the error:
TASK ERROR: unknown file type 'nodes/axino/qemu-server/.conf

Last edited by a moderator:
what desktop OS do you run? if on Linux, do you have sun-java6-plugin installed?

before testing the console on a VM, test it for node shell access - does this work? (Click on a node and open the "shell" - the button is not the right side, beside "restart" and "shutdown".

The desktop is running Windows 7. I didn't have a JRE installed at the time, but when using Internet Explorer it never prompted me to install one, unlike with VE 1.9. I didn't see a 'shell' button - would that appear with Windows guests?I needed to get a system up and running so I've installed 1.9 for now and will wait for the 2.0 release.

if you are on a windows desktop you need to install java. go to http://java.com. Otherwise you cannot use the VNC console, its the same for 1.9 and 2.0.

I tried 2.0 again and it works now - it seems the first attempt can fail because loading the JRE and getting through the publisher prompts can take longer than the 10 second timeout.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!