VNC: Failed to connect...

tim taler

Mar 8, 2018
Hi all,
I've set up a small proxmox cluster - installed on top of a debian stretch with apt-get install proxmox-ve ...
All fine and smooth.

Only hickup is that I can only VNC into the VMs that are running on that machine that I'm connected to on the gui. If I want to connect to a VM running on another clusternode it says "Failed to connect to server"
I restartet pveproxy but no change...

I DON'T have PermitRootLogin configured with password-less access (authorized_keys), on the proxmox nodes, might that be the cause or is it something else?

best regards
T

I DON'T have PermitRootLogin configured with password-less access (authorized_keys), on the proxmox nodes, might that be the cause or is it something else?
yes the cross-node vnc needs ssh access with private/public key on root to be abe to route the vnc traffic to other nodes

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!