[SOLVED] Vms not booting after physical server reboot

Stryder

Oct 27, 2012
Hello to all Proxmox Forum team.
I Just complete successfully the import of 4 vms into a new proxmox 5.0 install.
kernel:4.10.17-2
pvemanager:5.0-30

After a physical server reboot, vms won't boot, they can't find their volumes, but if I go to local-lvm or run lvs I can see them there.
After runing a lvscan Just realize /dev/pve/data is marked as inactive

Last edited:
Hi. Just as a note Proxmox VE 5.0 is well over two years old, and you should at least upgrade the host to 5.4. Normally compatibility in a stable release stays the same or gets even better (bug fixes).

Hmm, is anything weird/errorneous in the syslog/journal?

Can you just activate it:
Code:
lvchange -a y /dev/pve/data

Reactions: Stryder
Thanks Thomas for your reply, Already Tried, but I get
Check of pool pve/data failed (status 1). manual repair required!
any ideas? Thinking a bit now, I import those vms (initially .raw) files, from a failed hdd running an older proxmox version.

Last edited:
OK problem is solved, I ran lvconvert --repair /pve/data, after verifying volume was deactivated lvs -a
then lvchange -ay /dev/pve/data , reboot the physical server.
Thanks Thomas and all forum team for your time solving my case.
Great Job.....!!! we can mark this thread as SOLVED

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!