Vm's network stop

L C Junior

Jun 22, 2017
Hi guys!
I have a problem. A determined Kvm doesn't conect with public IP, only console. I can't conect on ssh, and on console the ping any website, for example, google.com, don't resolve. Any idea about it ? The Kvm just works after reboot. But i'd like know some solution about this problem. Thanks.

Thanks

Hi,

can you please explain what you have done to configure your IP address? Wich guest OS is used in your case?
What do you see if you use an command like ifconfig or ip addr show (in guest)?

This is the german language forum, i think it's not the right corner in this board.

Cheers,
Chris

Sorry guy. I was worry. Well, I'm still :s . How can I move this topic to the right way ?
I'm using centOS 6.9 final. I set up the ip manually. Now the Vm is ok. When the kvm is down I can use normally the ifconfig, but there isn't conection, and I know that watching on console. My concern is 2 kvms had this behavior, and I'd like to know what kind of problem is it.

Reactions: aPollO
What do you mean with "when the kvm is down"? KVM means the virtualization technology used by Proxmox VE.

Can you please post your configuration file from you CentOS? => cat /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0 (or what ever your device is named)
And the config file of the VM => cat /etc/pve/qemu-server/<VMID>.conf

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!