vma binary

alaint

Renowned Member
Mar 21, 2011
Hi,

How can I extract a .vma file without access to a Proxmox box ?

One of the feature I liked about my old Promox cluster, was the capability to restore and run my VM under any hardware/OS.
I tried to have /usr/bin/vma (aptitude download pve-qemu-kvm) running under different linux flavor, without any luck.
Not sure how I can deal with this under Windowze or .. OSX.

Other than that, I think Promox is a brilliant engineering design .. chapeau!

thanks,
alain

I tried to have /usr/bin/vma (aptitude download pve-qemu-kvm) running under different linux flavor, without any luck.
Not sure how I can deal with this under Windowze or .. OSX.

So far nobody ported that utility to Windowze or OSX.

Dietmar, the question really I think is can you extract the backup files using standard tools, or even any kind of third party tool.

Looks like this format has been made up and the LVM backup system has been removed, so like me you'll have to find another way to back up if you want this fairly important ability.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!