VM templates disks files

amosmes

Jul 30, 2024
Hi,
I'm trying to find the path to the templates disks files and can't seem to find them.
What I'm trying to do is create a template, exporting it outside of the PVE node and exporting it to another PVE node, similar to OVF in vMware.
Can anyone help ?

I'm trying to follow the steps and when I try to take a backup from the VM the backup size is 10KB, The VM is 30 GB.
I'm using the stop mode.

That's odd; the backup size being only 10KB for a 30GB VM seems off. Where did you save the backup? Is it possible that something went wrong during the process?

Even though the guide is for LXC, it should still work.

mem: 2GB
processor: 1
BIOS: OVMF(UEFI)
Display: Default
Machine: q35
SCSi: Virtio SCSI
HD: virtio0 Local-lvm 32GB
Netwoek: net0 virtio
EFI: local-lvm

Your configuration looks fine to me. Maybe just try to restore the VM on your other node and check if all the data is present.

Hi,
So apparently you can configure on each disk of the VM for backup and mine was missing that option.
Now it's working but when I rename the backup file I can't seem to restore the VM unless I use the original file name.
@thefu21 do you have any idea ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!