VM Screen Resolution

mpicky

Sep 11, 2013
Hi everybody, i need your help for this issue, perhaps i don't know if it is. The problem is that i can not get increase the screen resolution in a windows 2012 virtual machine more than 1024 x 768. There is no option for more resolution than 800x600 to 1024x768. I have installed other VM like windows 7 and they have more options for screen resolution, from 800x600 to 2560x1600.

Is ther a problem with my installation or is the maximum resolution for that O. S. in VM install.

Thanks in advance.

hello again and thanks for the answers. In fact i've tried all the display option in the proxmox manager page, but no one let me increase the resolution.

hello again and thanks for the answers. In fact i've tried all the display option in the proxmox manager page, but no one let me increase the resolution.
you will need to shut down the VM after making the change, and then boot it back up.

I don't have any experience with 2012, but this is the way my 2008 R2 boxes are.

same problem on Win2012 server + Win8.1 . Windows7 64bit works fine all res.
but the mystery is the 64Hz. only the mod 1024x768@64Hz works. looks like a grafic safe mode.

Does anyone have other resolutions?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!