VM not responding

ccube

Apr 5, 2011
Passau, Germany, Germany
Hey Folks

I have a proxmox setup with 2 linux VMs. One of which regularly becomes somewhat unresponsive. In Proxmox Web interface, it is shown as running, having a permanent CPU Load of around 30%. Trying to open the VNC console ends up being stuck at "VNC handshake". SSH and other services are not working anymore. Backups are stuck and "qm"-commands do not work...

Code:
root@sb37 /var/log # qm suspend 155
VM 155 qmp command 'stop' failed - unable to connect to VM 155 qmp socket - timeout after 31 retries

Only option I have to make it flying again is a reboot of the whole Master.
Is there any known/related issues out there? How can I find out what is going on?

Thanks

Attachments

• dmesg.log
    85.1 KB · Views: 3
Well, I honestly don't know, because it does not happen very frequently. Though, it must be something with the VM itself. I assume, its memory problems. Maybe something todo with OOM. Can you provide more details of your setup/vm? RAM/CPUS/running applications, etc?

Cheers

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!