[SOLVED] VM no internet access

Tyresa

Mar 20, 2021
Hello Guys,

First time using proxmox here.

I'm having some difficulties getting my VM connected to the internet (just browsing etcetera).

I'm at the point where I'm able to ping my Host, but im unable to ping anything else.
Internet connectivity on the host machine is fine.

For my virtual machine I'm using ip: 192.168.1.2/24

I'm clearly missing something but I really have no idea what.
Any help would be appriciated.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 858
  • 2.png
    2.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 829
Something is definitely not clear yet, I dont know why I wont understand.

I have reinstalled proxmox and it auto creates vmbr0, so it automatically creates a bridge.

I want to use NAT, I have one public IP.

I have checked the Proxmox link which you have sended me, but there is a little difference.
In the link the public IP's are configured on the ethernet port and than a bridge is created with the private IP's.

Mine automatically creates a bridge with my Public ip.

I must be missing something, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 815
  • 4.png
    4.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 837
Yes, the standard way is vmbr0 with the external IP address. You can configure that the way you want, though.

The first step to make this work is configure my eno1 interface with my public ip right?
And then create a bridge for my private ip?

The moment I assign my the public IP to the eno1, I'm no longer able to access the webpage/ping, there is no connectivity at all.

Ah,, so I finally got it.
I tried it all over again and for some reason It's working now.

Perhaps I forgot the 'autostart' checkbox when I configured the eno1 port the first time, im not sure.

Reactions: DreyMX

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!