VM Name in Comment

christian.g

Jun 4, 2020
Hi everyone,

is it possible to automatically add the VM Name in the Comment during a scheduled Backup Job by using a Hook Script or something?

Regards

Hi everyone,

is it possible to automatically add the VM Name in the Comment during a scheduled Backup Job by using a Hook Script or something?

Regards
If I remember right there was a thread 1 or 2 weeks ago where they posted a hook script that adds the name of the VM/LXC to the filename.

I also think that is really missing. Both with vzdump and PBS. If my PVE host dies I need to restore the backups to the empty server and would have no clue which VM got what VMID.

Edit:
Found it.

Last edited:
If I remember right there was a thread 1 or 2 weeks ago where they posted a hook script that adds the name of the VM/LXC to the filename.
Yes, but as you say, it's about renaming the file which in case of PBS doesn't work.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!