vikozo

Renowned Member
May 4, 2014
suisse
www.wombat.ch
hello
i have a VM - which just stops working!
i do have to start it!
in the Task history is not information about a shutdown just when started?
Where do i have to dig to find a reason?

have a nice day
vinc

Check the logs of the operating system inside the VM and check the Proxmox Syslog (or journalctl) from around the time the VM did the shut down.

Often VMs are killed by out of memory (oom) because you assign too much RAM to your guests. When running cat /var/log/syslog | grep oom on your host and if that returns something, then thats your problem.

Reactions: mcflym and amengus
You can also try running the journalctl -b 0 -p err command and see the errors that happened on Proxmox in terms of Linux and services. It is quite possible that there is a reason for stopping the VM

For example, having just entered this command, I found out that I have problems with QEMU Guest Agent on one of the virtual machines
1667248335761.png

Reactions: mcflym

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!