VM how to stop other vm from seeing each other on the network?

Joseph Chrzempiec

Jun 9, 2016
Hello i been trying to search for a way to change the Ip address of my VM not to have the same as my local network. What i mean is that my addresses are 192.168.x.x and I don't want it to be able to access my local network is there a way to put a Vm type of Ip address and not share my local ip address? I'm sorry still new to proxmox.

Joseph

this is a rather broad question and hard to answer in general.

if you just don't want the vm to be able to access your other pcs/vms in the network, probably the built-in firewall is enough: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#chapter_pve_firewall

if you want the vm to be in a different network segment, there are a few possiblities, either simply put it in another subnet, or use vlans, or pass through a complete network device

Hello thank you for the sponse back. Sorry for the long delay. We had a couple deaths in our family from all this human melware going on. Plus now I just got laid off of my work of 23 years which makes it even harder trying to go out for work. Only work out there is now fastfoods which i do not want to do again. I haven't done sense my teens. But it looks like i might have to do and have no choice. I will pick this project back up soon. I just don't know when.

Joseph

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!