VM HDDs in Proxmox GUI invisible, can't add new, VMs not booting

forkie

Jan 28, 2016
Hi all,

after doing 'apt-get upgrade' on Proxmox 4.1 host (yup, I know that wasn't smart, but it's just a test machine) hard disks of all VMs have disappeared. By 'disappeared' mean they are invisible in GUI in 'Hardware' tab, disk files are still in place. All lines regarding 'ide0' in /etc/pve/qemu-server/*.conf files are correct.

None of the machines can't boot now from neither HDD, nor CD, they try to boot from PXE.

Also, when trying to add new hard disk, I got the following error:

Code:
Parameter verification failed. (400)

virtio0: invalid format - format error at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/JSONSchema.pm line 529 virtio0.volume: property is missing and it is not optional

Any idea what could have happened here and how to fix it? Where to search the cause?

Last edited:
can you post the complete output of "cat /etc/pve/qemu-server/<vmID>.conf
for a single one of your VM's ?
preferable encapsulated by
Code:
 tags.

Here you are:

Code:
bootdisk: ide0
cores: 1
ide0: local:102/vm-102-disk-1.qcow2,format=qcow2,size=4G
ide2: local:iso/pfSense.iso,media=cdrom
memory: 512
name: router
net0: e1000=00:50:56:XX:XX:XX,bridge=vmbr0
net1: e1000=02:D0:19:XX:XX:XX,bridge=vmbr1
numa: 1
onboot: 1
ostype: other
smbios1: uuid=[CUT]
sockets: 1
startup: order=1

Hi,

I'm also having with issue with creating New VM's Using Proxmox Version 4.1-5.

Not able to create any virtual machines.

@Mini, I don't think we're on the same page. I have bunch of VMs and Proxmox Web UI has not displayed hard disk connected to them, it simply haven't recognized any IDE/SATA/VIRTIO device.

Actually, I've got this fixed. It seems there was incompatibility between libraries updated via apt and some older versions of other Proxmox components. I used Proxmox update mechanism (from web UI) to update two other components, unfortunately can't remember the names. Everything works fine again.

Please close this thread.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!