vm drive resize

coleyounger

Jul 20, 2020
on ZFS Rpool , did a resize to increase VM qcow2 drive size...now client VM Windows 2016 wont boot. Any ideas? Windows recovery doesn't seem to work and Im wondering it it's a partition table issue in Proxmox. Not overly familiar with setup but been through quite a few posts and ideas to fix but nothing seems to resolve. any help appreciated.

the more i chase this seem like the resize disk function in Hardware, Hard Disk somehow corrupted the ide0 qcow2 file and the VM is not able to properly mount the file to boot. size shows incremented increase though. I don't seem to find much in proxmox documentation about using this function. Running 5.1 version

I've a similar problem, not exact but I'm really trying to figure out.
I have an "old" proxmox 5.4 installation, with three different running VM. On two of them, I have performed a disk resize to better accommodate the VM need ( almost one year of great service )

After a big maintenance on our host, we've moved all the qcow2 disk image to remote location, performed a clean install of proxmox 6.4and later trying to restore VM.

The VM that remains with is original disk size, works fine also after restore.
The two VM and disk image that was previously resized, now are unable to start. I've warning for a corrupted qcow2 image, and also trying the repair doesn't help at all to restore it's functionality.

Any idea to solve it?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!