VM Disk Size

lowegame

Nov 7, 2019
Hello there,

How can we see the amount of disk usage on the kvm servers we have installed on the panel?

hi,

it depends on the storage you use.

for zfs: zfs list
for lvm: lvs -a

Hi,
I guess I asked wrong, we can't see it on the proxmox panel.

If you on the left side have "Server View", go down in the tree until you reach the storage you want to know about and then select it.
(i.e. you can select "local"). Then in the dashboard you will have some information included "usage" (i.e. 26.34% (219.95 GiB of 834.95 GiB)) and a graph. Unfortunately don't provides directly the free space, you have to calculate it 220 GiB of 820 GiB = 600GiB of free space)

If you want to know only disks sizes, you can select, again on the left, the node (host, server...), default name is "proxmox" and then on the gray panel on the right of the tree "disks" and it shows all the physical disks on your server/node.

If you on the left side have "Server View", go down in the tree until you reach the storage you want to know about and then select it.
(i.e. you can select "local"). Then in the dashboard you will have some information included "usage" (i.e. 26.34% (219.95 GiB of 834.95 GiB)) and a graph. Unfortunately don't provides directly the free space, you have to calculate it 220 GiB of 820 GiB = 600GiB of free space)

If you want to know only disks sizes, you can select, again on the left, the node (host, server...), default name is "proxmox" and then on the gray panel on the right of the tree "disks" and it shows all the physical disks on your server/node.

I just want to see the remaining disk space used by the vms, but I couldn't find it where you said.

I just want to see the remaining disk space used by the vms, but I couldn't find it where you said.
Ah, if you mean the "internal" usage of the virtual disks by the VM ("how free space do I have in C: of the 101 Windows VM?"), you can't AFAIK, maybe with some qemu-agent/monitor command, nothing exposed in the Web interface right now, in any case

Ah, if you mean the "internal" usage of the virtual disks by the VM ("how free space do I have in C: of the 101 Windows VM?"), you can't AFAIK, maybe with some qemu-agent/monitor command, nothing exposed in the Web interface right now, in any case

I want to see your disk usages in the proxmox interface.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!