VLANs stopped working after upgrade?

sofakng

Dec 26, 2015
I'm not sure when I started having problems, but I haven't changed my network configuration so it might have been a PVE upgrade.

Anyways, I think I have a relatively simple network configuration:

eth0 + eth3 are in an 802.3ad LACP group. (bond0)
eth1 + eth2 are also in an 802.3ad LACP group. (bond1)

bond0 is connected to bridge vmbr0 as "bond0.10" so it communicates using VLAN 10 and provides remote access to the PVE host and has a static IP address.
bond1 is connected to bridge vmbr1 without an address assigned. It's mostly used for VLAN 30 on my VMs.

My virtual machine (###.conf) has the following network configuration:
net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr1,hwaddr=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX,ip=dhcp,tag=30,type=veth

However, it can't connect to my network. (i.e. DHCP doesn't work and even assigning a static IP address doesn't work)

I haven't changed any of this network configuration so I'm not sure why it stopped working.

Here is my /etc/network/interfaces file: http://paste.debian.net/784107
...and here is my LXC file: http://paste.debian.net/784112

Thanks for any help...

eth0 + eth3 are in an 802.3ad LACP group. (bond0)
eth1 + eth2 are also in an 802.3ad LACP group. (bond1)

bond0 is connected to bridge vmbr0 as "bond0.10" so it communicates using VLAN 10 and provides remote access to the PVE host and has a static IP address.
bond1 is connected to bridge vmbr1 without an address assigned. It's mostly used for VLAN 30 on my VMs.

My virtual machine (###.conf) has the following network configuration:
net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr1,hwaddr=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX,ip=dhcp,tag=30,type=veth

However, it can't connect to my network. (i.e. DHCP doesn't work and even assigning a static IP address doesn't work)

Do you mean to from/to LXC containers? Or connections to host using vmbr0 are not working too?

In any case I would check if packets arrive correctly at the bridges running

Code:
tcpdump -e -n -i vmbr0
tcpdump -e -n -i vmbr1

This link reports "Entry not found"

Thanks very much for the reply!

It turns out that the problem was the configuration on my EdgeSwitch. Actually, it was configured correctly but I had to remove and re-add my bridge interfaces into the VLAN. It must have been a bug in the Ubiquity firmware which was very frustrating.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!