VLANs in 100g mesh network with QoS / traffic shaping

alexandru.racovita

Apr 12, 2022
Hello everybody,

I have already read this post but I have not found an answer. I also have a cluster with 3 nodes, each with a network card with 2x100gb/s ports in full mesh. My wish is to split this to have a guaranteed bandwidth with the ability to borrow to increase speed, if this is possible.

E.g :
50gb/s - CEPH communication
25gb/s - gluster communication - 1 VM per node used for storage (passthrough)
25gb/s - migration / backup or something else

And let's say that only the CEPH bandwidth is used so that it has the possibility to go up to 100gb/s.

I tried various methods for traffic shaping, I created vlans with tc root qdisc on Debian, classes and filters on destination ip but without success. Does anyone have any idea if it is still possible and how it should be done to run successfully?

Thank you very much!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!