Vlan for VM

guyd

Aug 19, 2024
Hi,
My proxmox server's IP is 192.168.0.100 witch belong to "Admin" VLAN 1 created in my Omada network
I wish that my MQTT broker will be on VLAN 30, and belong to IOT VLAN, 192.168.30.x

What do I need to do to make it happen?
Guy

easy , going into Network on the VM or CT you want to set the VLAN , set the VLAN Tag to 30 .
Now that VM will be on VLAN 30 , but now that bridge will contain untagged from the other VMs or proxmox , plus tagged traffic vlan from that VM.
But your router / switch port connected to your need to be a truck port , eg pass on all VLANs

Last edited:
First step- done. easy.
After reboot of the VM, it does not obtain a valid IP (IP: 169.254.x.x), which means that something is wrong at network level definions.
I tried it also on HomeAssistant VM, same error.

Guy

First step- done. easy.
After reboot of the VM, it does not obtain a valid IP (IP: 169.254.x.x), which means that something is wrong at network level definions.
I tried it also on HomeAssistant VM, same error.

Guy
o.k , Sorry don't know about the Omada network , i'm on ubiquiti .
First do you have a router which will route the vlans ? , do you have DHCP for each vlan ? , have you set the default gateway correct.
Let say you have a vlan iot vlan 30 , 192.168.30.xx .
first it need to find a DHCP server on the 192.168.30.xx network , then to get to the internet it need a default gateway in that 30 network and a router to route it .

is HA on default vlan or vlan 30 ?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!