Vlan Aware Linux Bridges

marcm1992

Mar 27, 2020
Hello everyone, fairly new to Proxmox so I hope this isn't an obvious question I'm asking.

I'm attempting to build a lab which would require Vlans on two separate bridges. Neither bridge is connected to the physical NIC.
The first bridge works fine, the bridge is active and it is Vlan Aware. I am able to also route between Vlans.
The problem is the second bridge, if I make the bridge Vlan Awaryre, it is not active. But I am able to activate the bridge if it is not Vlan aware.

Is there a limit to the number of Vlan aware bridges I can create or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance, this forum has been very helpful in helping me work out small issues I find on Proxmox.

Hi,

Can you share your network configurations?

cat /etc/network/interfaces

Please post the network config between codes [ICODE ][ /ICODE]

the problem in vmb102
[
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eno1 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 172.16.0.1
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 172.16.0.254
bridge-ports eno1
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

auto vmbr101
iface vmbr101 inet static
address 10.101.0.0
netmask 16
bridge-ports none
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0
bridge-vlan-aware yes
bridge-vids 2-4094
#Maryland Office Switch

auto vmbr102
iface vmbr102 inet manual
bridge-ports none
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0
bridge-vlan-aware yes
bridge-vids 2-4094

auto vmbr150
iface vmbr150 inet manual
bridge-ports none
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0
#WAN]

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!