VLAN Aware Bond?

roomwillow

Apr 4, 2020
I'm new to ProxMox so excuse if I'm misunderstanding, I created a bond of eno2, eno3, eno4, (bond0) in LACP mode, it's listed as not vlan aware, and I have a windows 10 VM attached to vmbr1 which is using bond0 as its port, the VM interface is tagged 400, and is unable to ping anything on the switch, I double checked and eno2-4 on the switch is a LAG in LACP mode, so I'm not sure whats really wrong, the bond not being vlan aware is my best guess, anything in particular I should be looking for?

Thanks!

vlan-aware option is for the bridge, not the bond. Bond interfaces like ethX interfaces transport vlan without any problem.

You can also use vlan with a bridge without vlan-aware option, it's working too. (in this case, proxmox create in background a new vmbrXv(vlanid) bridge with ethx.Y interface)

Don't known what is not working for you, but it's not related to bond-vlan.

do you have tried first without any bonding ?

vlan-aware option is for the bridge, not the bond. Bond interfaces like ethX interfaces transport vlan without any problem.

You can also use vlan with a bridge without vlan-aware option, it's working too. (in this case, proxmox create in background a new vmbrXv(vlanid) bridge with ethx.Y interface)

Don't known what is not working for you, but it's not related to bond-vlan.

do you have tried first without any bonding ?

I was doing this while I was tired last night, turns out i left the LAG group on the switch set to access instead of trunk, and had the wrong pvid, fixed that and it started working right away.

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!