Virtual bridge without hypervisor ?

facilitic

Jun 17, 2021
Hello there,

I'm new with proxmox, I'm currently in an evaluation process.

For security reasons, I would like to create a private network that is *not* directly connected to the hypervisor (node), nor to the internet : hosts connected to this bridge will only be accessible via console and/or routing via alternate IP addresses different from the hypervisor one.

I then have tried to create a virtual network without any hypervisor network interface connected on it.

When I do that, the node stay stuck and doesn't come back when I reboot it.

Question : is there any problem with this configuration that I try to set up ?

Thanks,

---
Olivier

a bridge with no physical port should work just fine (alternatively, a bridge WITH a physical port but no address on the hypervisor should also work fine, in case that is what you attempted ;)) - could you post your network config and include pveversion -v output?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!