virtio-net-pci with vlan on vmbr

flexyz

Sep 22, 2016
Hi

I have a VM where I need to add interfaces as virtio-net-pci via args. Can I somehow add it with a specific VLAN tagging? - or should I create a vmbr for each vlan?

args: -device virtio-net-pci,netdev=net0,mac=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx,addr=04.0 -netdev tap,id=net0,br=vmbr0

Thanks
Felix

I think in this case you'd need your described workaround with multiple bridges. Why do you need to add virtio adapters with 'args' in the first place though?

Thanks I got it working with bridges. The Palo Alto VMs are a little picky on how it assign management and dataplane networking. But I made a mistake on the Palo Alto VM firewall rules, so bridges work :)

With PCI-passthrou the NICs need to come in by a PCI slot order and manegement network defined with args.

But thanks anyway

Felix

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!