Virt-Viewer (SPICE) works from Windows but not from Linux (Mint)

leenux_tux

Mar 21, 2013
England
Looking for some tips/guidance around remote connection via virt-viewer (SPICE).

Connections to Windows and Linux guest machines from a Windows machine work fine, no issues at all. Connecting to the same guests systems from a Linux box (in this case Linux Mint 17) does not. I get "unable to connect to graphic server /PATHTOFILE" (see attached acreen grab).

Has anyone else seen something similar ? Pointers/tips/guidance would be appreciated.

I have tried uninstalling/re-installing virt-viewer and this does not have any effect at all.

Thx

N

Attachments

• S7GWKU~Z.PNG
    S7GWKU~Z.PNG
    233.6 KB · Views: 20
I would try a version of mint that is up to date, Mint 17 stopped getting support April 2019.
I've got 19.2 and it works fine for me.

I tried running both 18.3 and 19.2 via a a USB thumb drive on the laptop and confirm both do work so it looks like I need to upgrade my OS.

Thanks for the info.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!