video card forwarding VE 6.4-4

Pir0man

Mar 1, 2021
Hello. I ask for help. Raised Proxmox Virtual Environment 6.3-3. Node on SSD. Two virtual machines on NVME disks. Each VM has its own video card and one for the node. The system works for two or three days and then just freezes. There are no hang-time events in kern.log. Only hard restart of the server helps. What to do? Where to dig?

Hey,

could you check if the RAM is filling up, this looks like some process might be leaking memory?

The total memory is 128. Each VM is allocated 58.59. On each server, the memory load is not more than 20%, but in the WEB interface it shows 96% of the memory load. I can't figure out why.

So the RAM usage reported in the Web UI does not match the one reported in the VM? What OS do you run in the VM?

There is one more node. It has the same system and there the memory shows normally on the WEB and in the OS it shows the same use

The problem node has hard disks: 120 GB for a node and two 512 GB for two VMs. On the node where the memory is displayed normally, HDD 120 has both a node and a VM on it, but the VM is small, only 20 GB. A small node is ordinary without forwarding a video card.

No Ballooning has been turned off. I Enabled Ballooning, but memory still appears to be 96% loaded in WEB.

Sorry, I didn't install the driver. Now the memory is displayed correctly Thank you. I'll watch the stability. If there is a flight, I will write additionally. Thanks again)

Just that I understand correctly, your PVE node crashed, not the VM, right? Does the node boot now?

Yes, it is the node. It works for 6 days and then hangs with errors. Only a hard shutdown helps.

Disabled backup of both VMs. The weekend node did not fall. Question: Why does the node have a memory usage percentage of 96% and this value is slightly floating? Can this value jump dramatically? How can VM backups affect memory usage? Maybe I should reduce the memory reserve for the VM?

The node still lives for 6 days, but this is not a record. The largest node lived for 10 days.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!