Version 7 + Nvidia VGPU - does not Build anymore

hundlos

Jul 23, 2021
Hey,

i have two systems where i have been testing Version 7 with. One is an upgraded one from 6.4 and one is a new installed one.
For both i am getting an Build Error when installing the VGPU Driver from Nvidia for my RTX6000 .
I have tried everything in the wiki threads or what uncle google gives me. the 6 other systems with the same hardware and same way of installing work with the older version.
One thing i noticed it that the normal NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-460.73.01-grid.run installs just fine but does not give VGPU functions obviously . The Versions NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-460.73.02-vgpu-kvm.run and NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-460.91.03-vgpu-kvm.run are both doing the same error.

i think its related to the newer kernel because i cant find anything about it i am not sure.

hoping for someone to be able to help

Attachments

• dkms.png
    dkms.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 33
  • make.log
    9.7 KB · Views: 16
seems like the driver does not handle some changes that were introduces somewhere between kernel 5.4 and 5.11
namely on x86 there are no 'get_fs and set_fs' functions anymore, and the 'KERNEL_DS' macro has changed header file it seems

so it is either patching the source of the module to fix those issues, or wait until nvidia publishes a new driver compatible with 5.11 kernels

yeah i figured that. the modified version of the gpu unlock team works just fine now which is good but not what we should do :(
downgrading the kernel doesnt work with that version right ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!