Venet Configuration

C

Chris Rivera

Maybe this is a dumb question but i cannot seem to figure this out.

Coming from building dedicated servers it was normal for us to configure the network using eth0 on the vms. I am using an automated provisioning tool that does not provision the vms in this way so when it creates the vm it has not internet connectivity.

They provision using venet which seems to be the default for openvz.

This does not work.

Does anyone know of a step by step to get this working? Is this automated? If i create a new vm and setup venet using the web interface would this work or do i need to do some cli work as well?

I am not using no customized setup just clean install from iso download with upgrade to latest kernel and distro. Can anyone help shed some light?

Thanks in advance.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!