[SOLVED] VE 7.2.1 Install on NUC issue - ISO not found

pgkool

Sep 13, 2022
When installing VE 7.2.1 from a USB key (I made it with DD & balenaEtcher) on my Intel NUC, i get an error when installing Proxmox it says:

searching for block device containing the ISO ...
testing again in ... seconds...
[ERROR] no device with valid ISO found ...

i read to use DD mode in rufus to fix this, but i dont have a windows machine to do that. I made my image on a SD card via DD and tried balenaEtcher too.

Any ideas, do i need to reformat the whole SD card, is it some UUID issue?

to be clear, the NUC boots off the SD card fine, it gets the the Proxmox welcome splash screen where it asks to "install proxmox VE" and then once I hit enter on that menu, it gives me the above error.

Last edited:
Try an (old, simple. cheap) USB flash memory stick. Those work better than newer ones that register as an removable SSD.
Great thankyou! that did the trick. Very odd that the uSD card slot on the NUC was having those issues, but it worked fine with an old TRUE USB2.0 flash drive.

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!