V2.1 Gui Enhancement Idea

iprigger

Renowned Member
Sep 5, 2009
earth!
Hi All,

First: Proxmox has always been a great product. With V2.1 they created a product that is just cracking the sound barrier...

I have run proxmox now for several years (non commercial) and have to say it's one of the most advanced platforms of them all... (only thing missingn for some of my customers so far is cisco ucs support (especially vnlink / unified fabric) would be there....). But there are ways around that :)

Very nice: With the new version I remarked a considerably lower memory usage of the VMs (30% off!)

I have just a few little things I'd like to see in future updates:

Disk Size not displayed in VM=>Hardware Tab:
For now, when I open up a VM (perhaps I'm missing something here) I can't see the disk size of the VM in the VM Hardware properties. I have to check back in the "storage" view.

This is sometimes a bit annoying...

Backup Priority:
In addition it would be cool if one could set the backup priority (i.e. server load) manually...

Minor bug in display
The viewer on the left (Server View / Folder View / Storage View) tends to loose it's ability to scroll... :) Probably a JS / Browser issue (have tested it with FF and Safari).

That's all :)

Thanks for the great work!
Tobias

P.S: The update from 1.9 to 2.1 went relatively smooth... had to kick in apt-get update / upgrade twice because of some system files that were not up to what the updater wanted them to be :)

Minor bug in display
The viewer on the left (Server View / Folder View / Storage View) tends to loose it's ability to scroll... :) Probably a JS / Browser issue (have tested it with FF and Safari).

+1

Have tested in Chrome too.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!