[SOLVED] UTF8 error in cluster sync

Mar 4, 2019
Hello,

I set up a mail cluster and I have a little problem with one of the nodes. The master (mx1) has no sync errors in the log but the node mx2 seems to have problems:

Code:
 starting cluster syncronization
Mar  4 10:00:33 mx2 pmgmirror[1333]: detected rule database changes - starting sync from 'xxx.xxx.xx.xx'
Mar  4 10:00:33 mx2 pmgmirror[1333]: pg_putcopyend cannot be called until a COPY is issued at /usr/share/perl5/PMG/DBTools.pm line 1015.
Mar  4 10:00:33 mx2 pmgmirror[1333]: database sync 'mx1' failed - DBD::Pg::db pg_putcopyend failed: ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xfc#012CONTEXT:  COPY objectgroup, line 32 at /usr/share/perl5/PMG/DBTools.pm line 1012.
Mar  4 10:00:33 mx2 pmgmirror[1333]: cluster syncronization finished  (1 errors, 0.34 seconds (files 0.00, database 0.18, config 0.15))

Maybe you have a solution for this problem.

Thanks for the fast answer. I updated my version (This is a test cluster without subscription so I forgot to add
Code:
deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pmg stretch pmg-no-subscription
to the apt repository list), deleted the node with
Code:
pmgcm delete 3
(pmgdb delete throws an error), added the node back and the error is fixed.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!