Using mail client to send validation and copy of a scheduled script (cron)

rtlarose

Jan 8, 2021
Hello,

I first want to apologize for the long description. I am creating several scripts that I will schedule to run via cronjobs. Is it possible to have the mail client send me a notification/copy of the file that I will be saving them to? If this is not possible, any suggestions to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated! I am just trying to avoid adding other software if possible.

Regards,

Robert

Is this question related to Proxmox Mail Gateway? (https://www.proxmox.com/en/proxmox-mail-gateway)

In any case please provide a few more details - since I cannot quite understand what you try to accomplish?
script run via cron do send an email if they have output on stdout - this gets sent to the e-mail addresses configured for the user who owns the cronjob - cronjob for root send the mail to root (which usually gets sent on to an address you have configured)

please explain which scripts you run, and which output you want to receive via mail

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!