using HE TunnelBroker to provision VMs with IPv6 on a ipv4/ipv6 dual stack

zentoshi

Dec 12, 2019
Hello,

Has anyone achieved a dual stack of having the ability to use both ipv4 and ipv6 for provisioning VMs? I want to be able to provision vms with both and need to use tunnelbroker as my datacenter currently does not support ipv6 networking..

I added the configuration for ipv6 to the host (he-ipv6) however vmbr0 is configured for ipv4... is this correct?

ipv6.google.com is pingable.

What are the next steps?

This is my current configuration: (I have remitted IPs for security reasons)
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eno4
iface eno4 inet manual
post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eno1/proxy_arp

iface eno1 inet manual

iface eno2 inet manual

iface eno3 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address xxx.xxx.xx.xxx
netmask 29
gateway xxx.xxx.xx.xxx
bridge-ports eno4
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

auto he-ipv6
iface he-ipv6 inet6 v4tunnel
address 2001:xx:xxxx:xx::2
netmask 64
endpoint xx.xxx.x.xx
local xxx.xxx.xx.xxx
ttl 255
gateway 2001:xx:xxxx:xx::1

Last edited:
I added the configuration for ipv6 to the host (he-ipv6) however vmbr0 is configured for ipv4... is this correct?
After the installation only the IPv4 is configured on the vmbr0. But OFC, this can be changed later on.

What are the next steps?
I don't understand, if IPv6 is already working. You might want to create a separate bridge for the IPv6 traffic and set the IPv6 address there. This way you can route your IPv6 traffic.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!