users cant change own passwords

j.edward

Apr 2, 2012
hello,

i was doing some testing and a customer notified me they were unable to change their own password, which is strange because i manually tested it and it worked before, it doesnt now.

the error thats thrown is "Permission check failed (/access/realm/pve, Realm.AllocateUser) (403)"

Im Using PVE realm and can change the password when logged in as root. Any ideas?

Hmm. D'oh! was hoping for a simple fix. If you need any more information from me about my setup please reply to this thread. I am subscribed to it.

I have tested the proposed fix (libpve-access-control_1.0-18) and it appears to work just fine.

Thanks so much!
James

I have tested the proposed fix (libpve-access-control_1.0-18) and it appears to work just fine.

Thanks so much!
James

How you you fix this? I can log in as root, but if i create a new user I cannot assign it a password, says the user does not exist

How you you fix this? I can log in as root, but if i create a new user I cannot assign it a password, says the user does not exist

If you use 'PAM' realm, you also need to create the system users first. I suggest you use realm pve ('Proxmox VE authentication server') instead.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!