User permissions without access do host node usage data

mailinglists

Renowned Member
Mar 14, 2012
Hi guys,

I want to create a user who can administer it's own VMs with custom role (VM.Config.CDROM VM.Console VM.PowerMgmt) but I do not want it to see CPU, RAM od disk usage of hypervisor or host node. Is that possible?

Currently when test user logs in it can see all nodes in the cluster as well as their status (name, description, cpu usage, memory usage, disk usage and uptime), which I do not want.

Wow. ... I wish i have noticed this sooner.... But because ranting won't help anyone, and this is a must for pretty much every cloud hosting provider who is using just bare ProxMox, let's look for possible solutions. I'm open to all suggestions.

First one is to have PM developers do it. By the looks of the bug link, they are not interested at the moment. So i wonder can I sponsor or pay for the feature directly to Proxmox Server Solutions GmbH? Can anyone from PM crew let me know if this is an option?

Second option is to have one of our developers or just to find and pay another developer to implement it, but then it must be accepted upstream. Can anyone from PM crew let me know if this is also an option? I might go with this option if first would not be possible or be to expensive.

Wow. ... I wish i have noticed this sooner.... But because ranting won't help anyone, and this is a must for pretty much every cloud hosting provider who is using just bare ProxMox, let's look for possible solutions. I'm open to all suggestions.

First one is to have PM developers do it. By the looks of the bug link, they are not interested at the moment. So i wonder can I sponsor or pay for the feature directly to Proxmox Server Solutions GmbH? Can anyone from PM crew let me know if this is an option?

Second option is to have one of our developers or just to find and pay another developer to implement it, but then it must be accepted upstream. Can anyone from PM crew let me know if this is also an option? I might go with this option if first would not be possible or be to expensive.

well, we accept patches if they are good and maintainable, see
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Developer_Documentation
but please communicate with us before implementing something, so you/the developer can avoid a heavy rewrite

another option would be to implement a 3rd party interface which makes use of our api, there you can show/hide information how you please
see https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_API

Thank you for your reply.
So if I understand correctly, ProxMox gmbh is not interested in getting payed for a feature and I should just have someone else do it, but coordinating with other devs on the mailing list?

Thank you for your reply.
So if I understand correctly, ProxMox gmbh is not interested in getting payed for a feature and I should just have someone else do it, but coordinating with other devs on the mailing list?

If you want to pay Proxmox for something, please contact office@proxmox.com.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!