User management pool resources

strix

Mar 20, 2018
Hello guys,

i have one question about user management and specific i want to create one user or group that i can give him example for his pool: 10 CPU, 40GB RAM, 2TB Disk. All this resources only nothing more. And then he can logged in into proxmox web interface and can create, delete, backup, snapshots, VM's, LXC with this resources specific in his pool only. Is it possible that? If yes how can i do it ?

no that is not implemented yet, you can only restrict access to storages/vms/etc. but not limit the amout of resources per user

Reactions: strix
I understand that necro-posting is very discouraged, but I think that resource-limits would really benefit PVE users. Are there any plans for adding this feature any time soon? Or it just isn't in PVE's "feature-scope" ?

I'd like to apologize. After reading the 6.2 release thread I saw that there's a public bugzilla page - I didn't know it was public - and found this FR. I apologize again for necro-posting.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!