User Blacklist removal not propagated to other nodes

Yaiqsa

May 12, 2022
Hi,

I found that deleting the last address from a User Blacklist does remove it from the PMG the removal is submitted to, but doesn't remove the address from a connected node.

I have a PMG cluster of two servers, both running v7.1-7(Community) on Debian 11. They are located in the same subnet, and all other syncronisation tasks are executed successfully.

This is how you should be able to reproduce my problem:
- On your master, log in with a user on the quarantine webpage. Do this with a user that doesn't have any adresses in their personal backlist.
- Add two entries to the backlist, i.e. test1@example.com and test2@example.com
- Wait 2 minutes, to and check if this is propagated to the node (I did this from the CLI using `sudo pmgsh get /quarantine/blacklist -pmail 'myuser@mydomain.tld'`
- From the quarantine interface, delete the test1@example.com adress from the backlist
- Wait two minutes, and check if it is removed from the node. (it should be)
- From the quarantine interface, delete the test2@example.com adress from the backlist
- Here is where the fault occurred for me: after waiting multiple minutes, it still existed on the node.

If this is reproducible on other installations, it would mean that it is a bug in the mirroring daemon. If it isn't, I'd feel quite silly.

It wouldn't surprise me that the mirroring daemon doesn't sync an empty list from the master to the nodes, and that's why this happens, but I haven't looked at the source code.

Kind regards,

Yaiqsa

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!