[SOLVED] User blacklist *@domain.tld not working since last update

bougatoyta

Jun 8, 2021
Hi,

I've noticed that the user blacklist for wildcard domain does not work in the last version of PMG.

My setup :

Domain A need to block a spam domain.

The user go to "User blacklist" put *@legitdomain.tld and add then the malicious domain.

This used to work in previous PMG version but it is not available in 6.4.4, now the E-mail fild is outlined in red.

We were using this king of blacklist to avoid blocking a domain in the global settings.

Anyone found a fix for this ?

Regards

Could you please share a screen-shot (and/or logs) of what is not working anymore and what used to work?
Also please indicate in which version this used to work for you

Thanks!

Could you please share a screen-shot (and/or logs) of what is not working anymore and what used to work?
Also please indicate in which version this used to work for you

Thanks!
Hi,

So in 6.2-3 this work :
1623239185989.png

But in 6.4-4 this is what I got (I even used root user to avoid any permission related problem)
1623239291410.png

Regards

This never worked as you intended it to work:
the E-Mail: parameter (the one you need to enter first, before clicking 'add') is always taken as is - this means you were adding whitelist-entries for
'*@test.com' (literally, not for all addresses @test.com).

The behavior changed recently because we changed the validation in the frontend (thus '*@test.com' is not considered a valid e-mail address anymore).

I do understand the confusion though - given the explanation above the entry field - and will try to come up with a better UX for this.
The explanation makes sense if you enter the spamquarantine via a spam-report (as an end-user - who only can edit their own lists) - but is a bit confusing if you're editing it as admin...

For your use-case I think adding two rules to the global rulesystem for each domain (one for whitelisting, one for blacklisting) is the right solution here

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!