use other servers harddrive

finlaydag33k

Apr 16, 2015
as the title says, how do I use another servers harddrive?I have this cluster setdrive setup: - node1: 80GB HDD + 250GB RAID1 array - node2: 80GB - node3: 80GB now I want to use the 250GB array from node1 to hold the VMs for node2 and node3how do I achieve this? I already looked into a NAS with NFS, but it's too expensive for me to get another server to act as NAS.Edit: I litterally have 0 idea how to get text to appear on a new line in this forum :\ excuse me for that

You may use NFS for that. Export the big disk from node 1 via NFS and mount it via the Storage tab in the data center view of the gui to all nodes. You have shared storage then an can migrate vms between your nodes. But be aware that all vms stop, when node 1 fails or reboots. So it's not a recommended setup...

It's no problem to mount a NFS share on a node who exports it.

regards, Edi

Thanks, I'm going to look into it!altrough NFS isn't my most ideal situation (since I cant have a server act as NAS)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!