[SOLVED] Use local-lvm as directory

Finrod

Feb 1, 2017
Hello,

i just re installed our proxmox cluster with 4.4. Now i have the problem that the node 2 made the whole 1tb hard drive into a local-lvm. Since i prefer using directories to install my Machines, i tried to create a /Machines in /dev/pve/ and then mount it. this creates a 10 MB folder in which i can install vms using the full 1TB of the local-lvm, but whenever the node reboots the machines in qcow format are gone and moved to local-lvm as raw. Is there any way i can replace the local lvm completly with a mountable directory?

thanks works fine except for the fstab entry. when i put
"/dev/pve/Machines /var/lib/vz" into the fstab, node2 to boots into emergency mode.

do i need the full example as in "echo '/dev/pve/Machines /var/lib/vz ext4 defaults 0 2' >> /etc/fstab" ? If yes, what exactly is written, the ' and the >> /etc/fstab as well?

the line
Code:
echo '/dev/pve/Machines /var/lib/vz ext4 defaults 0 2' >> /etc/fstab

says to add the line
Code:
/dev/pve/Machines /var/lib/vz ext4 defaults 0 2

at the end of the /etc/fstab file

the >> means to append to the file

and yes you need the whole line

for an explanation of the fstab file see
Code:
man fstab

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!