[SOLVED] Use global black-/whitelist when using the buttons in Quarantine view

nerdsclub-oli

Nov 3, 2021
Hello,

is there a way to use the black-/whitelist buttons above mails in Quarantine view to add the sender of the mails to the global blacklist (the one under "Who objects") instead of the user blacklist?

1637054043882.png

Thanks in advance,

Oliver Zehm
NerdsClub IT Service

is there a way to use the black-/whitelist buttons above mails in Quarantine view to add the sender of the mails to the global blacklist (the one under "Who objects") instead of the user blacklist?
No not really - for the following reasons:
* the 2 Blacklists serve quite different purposes - see https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#pmgconfig_whitelist_overview
(one is for users to define that they just want mails not to get put in quarantine but rather blocked directly or delivered directly, the other is for the admin to define which mails should be rejected)
* the global blacklist who-object is just there in the default config - there is no guarantee that it is there

I would say that an admin should review the mails they put on their global blacklist - and they can already view the black and whitelists of all their users

I hope this explains it

Reactions: nerdsclub-oli
No not really - for the following reasons:
* the 2 Blacklists serve quite different purposes - see https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#pmgconfig_whitelist_overview
(one is for users to define that they just want mails not to get put in quarantine but rather blocked directly or delivered directly, the other is for the admin to define which mails should be rejected)
* the global blacklist who-object is just there in the default config - there is no guarantee that it is there

I would say that an admin should review the mails they put on their global blacklist - and they can already view the black and whitelists of all their users

I hope this explains it
Thanks for the clarification. The customer where I set up Proxmox Mail Gateway manages all blacklists by himself, without his employees having access to them. Hence the question. But I'll just tell him to use the Blacklist under "Who objects" then.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!