Use AMD APU in KVM

firewood0188

Mar 23, 2020
Hi,

I have a AMD FX 8800 CPU which include 8 APUs. Everything is running smooth in Proxmox, except Jellyfin in Unbutu VM.
I wanna use APUs for Hardware trancoding function in the VM.
Here is the vainfo output from the host:
1587663612593.png
1587663681300.png
I try to add pci to the VM. But the VM cannot start up. Can anyone help how to do it?

The setup needs to run in headless mode to even try to pass through the APU. But in the first screenshot the first line says that it couldn't connect to X. It might not be pass through issue.

The setup needs to run in headless mode to even try to pass through the APU. But in the first screenshot the first line says that it couldn't connect to X. It might not be pass through issue.
It means APU inside CPU cannot be pass through. Is it true?

It means APU inside CPU cannot be pass through. Is it true?
That's not what I said. The server needs to run headless (no graphic output), otherwise the GPU is already in use.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!