USB Redirection from "thin client"

TheFunk

Oct 25, 2016
A while back I posted about wanting to do OVMF passthrough to leverage some powerful GPUs I have set up in a whitebox server. I'm back! Just to provide a project update, I'll be setting up these "gaming VMs" in the coming weeks. The biggest issue I'm noting now is that SPICE doesn't support USB redirection, at least not the way I'd like. which is just a huge bummer man.

In my research I noticed that IncentivesPro offers a Windows compatible redirector client/server application, but last I heard that only supports USB 2.0. The ports on my thin clients are USB 3.0, and being the ridiculous perfectionist human being I am, I figure I should try to get them working on par with what they were specced to do.

Can anyone help point me in a direction? This might be a little outside of my coding abilities without some solid foundation to work with.

Thank you!

Hello! The post is not fresh, but I want to share the solution with this problem. I was looking for software that will help me to have remote access to the MFP through a "thin client". The solution was found not immediately, but qualitative. We use https://www.usb-over-network.org/ for our needs, and your problem is very similar to ours. I am sure that USB Network Gate will help you with your USB devices.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!