USB/IP

Archebo

Dec 27, 2019
Hi!

Need to generate linux-tools for PVE kernel, in order to use usbip.
Is it working in CT? Somebody try it?

Where can i find source code linux-image for this?

I once tried using usbip where Proxmox host was the server and a VM the client and it worked fine (over vmbr0). Just install the usbip packages using apt.
I have not yet tried it with an external computer being the server and a unprivileged container being the client (with drivers loaded on the Proxmox host).
What do you mean with "generate linux-tools for PVE kernel"?

I once tried using usbip where Proxmox host was the server and a VM the client and it worked fine (over vmbr0). Just install the usbip packages using apt.
I have not yet tried it with an external computer being the server and a unprivileged container being the client (with drivers loaded on the Proxmox host).
What do you mean with "generate linux-tools for PVE kerne
I mean linux-tools not working "out of box" with PVE kernel, need to install packages for this specific kernel.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!