upon fresh install of VE-2.1 and apt-get upgrade, containers disappear from Web UI

M

mr.rick

I've done a fresh install of 2.1 using the ISO downloaded from proxmox. I then apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && reboot. After all this, the OpenVZ containers disappear from the proxmox management web interface.

Has anybody else experienced this?

-Rick

Re: upon fresh install of VE-2.1 and apt-get upgrade, containers disappear from Web U

I've done a fresh install of 2.1 using the ISO downloaded from proxmox. I then apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && reboot. After all this, the OpenVZ containers disappear from the proxmox management web interface.

Has anybody else experienced this?

-Rick
I just had the same exact thing happen. Proxmox 2.1 installed off a iso burned cd, then apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, and reboot. There are no templates in the web interface.

Also, the directory that's supposed to hold the templates, /vz/template/cache , does not exist.

EDIT: I put 2 and 2 together and determined how to do this.

You have to manually download the vz templates and save them in : /var/lib/vz/template/cache
Then, they show up in the web interface automatically , in the list of available templates to make a new container from...

A good page to download all the operating system templates is : http://wiki.openvz.org/Download/template/precreated

And download the many appliances from the big list here : http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Get_Virtual_Appliances

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!