UPnP not working at Home Assistant after migrating from RPI

Rockel83

Sep 10, 2024
I'm a bit confused about where to look now, so I hope I'm asking the question at the right place here.

As the title says, I've migrated Home Assistant from a RPI to a mini PC running Proxmox now. I'm actualy new to Proxmox and I had used tteck's script for installing HOASS, which is pretty straight forward.
I know I might need to passthrough some hardware now, before getting it to work or getting it recognized in HOASS. So I did already with the USB and the bluetooth. Which works now in HOASS after passing through.

Important to say, I've installed HOASS on Proxmox, and then just uploaded mu RPI configuration/backup. So some things were PI hardware related, and I've already removed them while it doesn't makes any sense on another non-RPI system.

It seems I've managed to get everything else working now, besides the UPnP... The UPnP addon in still sees the detected and configured router, but while now running over Proxmox it's not able to connect to it anymore.

So I thought it could maybe be a few things here:
- I need to passthrough something else in Proxmox?
- I need to forward something in the Proxmox firewall settings maybe?
- I need to port forward the Proxmox instance/port to Home Assistant in the router?

But possibly it might be something verry differently.

Anny Home Assistant users who had the same issue?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!