Upload button greyed out

On Storage1 you declared to only allow disk images & container, so you can't upload anything.

In general disk images are big and uploading via browser isn't reliable considering a disk image having several hundred GB or more.
If you are talking about iso images, than you just have to enable it in the storage configuration.

Coming from another proxmox host, you could use a backup to restore your vm, just as an example.

If you are talking about iso images, than you just have to enable it in the storage configuration.
Could you please give a pointer where to look for this?
As far as I know - it is enabled
Capture3.PNG

If your storage supports the upload of iso images you would click on the content field in your screenshot and select iso images. LVM is a block storage this means you can't just upload a iso image to it.
Please check out our documentation to get familiar with the storage concept:
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#chapter_storage

Reactions: oldfart
Thanks - read it, but found it VERY difficult reading.
A 'simple' example of how to add a disk to an existing set-up would help.
I followed a blog post, but apparently it stopped short of explaining the bit I am trying to achieve.
Thanks for your interest in my problem.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!