[SOLVED] Upgrading Proxmox 4.0 from 3.4 - Web Interface "Connection Refused"

zatharasilva

Jul 30, 2015
Hello everybody,

After following the step-by-step described in wiki the web interface not working. The message erro is: "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" before upgrading the default port was 8006.

Anyone who has used the Proxmox to version 4 and spent at least problem, can say what may have happened

Last edited:
Hello everybody,

After following the step-by-step described in wiki the web interface not working. The message erro is: "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" before upgrading the default port was 8006.

Anyone who has used the Proxmox to version 4 and spent at least problem, can say what may have happened

empty your cache, cookies, certificates in your browser, or try another, it will fix the problem

after updated realized that all files in / etc / pve gone
I back up disks of virtual machines, so you can somehow regenerate the Proxmox the configuration files?

I *always* backup /etc regularly for all my Proxmox servers - it should be made very clear that all Proxmox sysadmins need to do at least this. Yes, backup the disk images too, though I use iSCSI for my images because I run a clustered Proxmox. If you upgrade and /etc/pve/qemu-server has been trashed and you have no /etc backups, then I'm afraid it's a tedious job to manually re-create them all.

As far as the Web issue goes, Proxmox uses the "pveproxy" service to Web serve now (annoyingly only on port 8006, which I think isn't enough - it should redirect from port 80 to 8006 as well), so a "service pveproxy restart" might be needed. Hopefully, https://hostname:8006/ will then work, once you've accepted the self-signed cert.

Somewhat off-topic, one thing I'm happy that's been ditched in the 4.X GUI is the godawful Java VNC console - it produces so many pop-up warnings and then either crashes or refuses to connect most of the time. I never have trouble with noVNC, which is so much better on a remote (X or VPN) connection as well.

Upgrade is really ok? On all my hosts i had some problem with dbus, by installing PVE after the upgrade. I had to reboot, then "apt-get install -f" ...Dbus is ok an PVE packages were sucessfully installed. After that, the webinterface also works fine again.

Dears,

Unfortunately I tried various solutions including those you commented above, but not worked. As it had at least the backup of virtual machines I decided to reinstall the host.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!