Upgrading from Promox 1.2 to Proxmox 2.0

hisaltesse

Mar 4, 2009
We still have a couple of servers running Proxmox 1.2.

1. How would you recommend we go about upgrading them to Proxmox 2.0 without breaking anything?

2. would we have to re-install or upgrade?

3. if we export all containers from Proxmox 1.2, would they import fine and work fine directly in Proxmox 2.0?

Thanks for letting me know. The last thing we want is things to break and spending hours troubleshooting.

Thanks Dietmar,

I guess what I am trying to figure out is whether I should do a phased upgrade into multiple versions to get to 2.0 or if I should simply do a single command upgrade?

And in the worst case scenario if I just install a fresh 2.0 can I import without an issue all the VZ containers from 1.2 and they'll work just fine?

There is only PVE 2.0 RC1. We will release upgrade instructions when 2.0 is ready. But that will be from latest 1.9 - we do not test updates from 1.2, so it is maybe easier to reinstall.

Thanks.. do you know approximately when 2.0 will be ready? within a week? Within 2 weeks?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!